Re: [NTLK] Fossil Watch

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 01:07:22 EDT

I kinda doubt it.
The text on the Fossil site says:
INFARED FEATURES
• Receive personal data from PocketPC handhelds
• Send / receive business card info from PocketPC
handhelds or other Wrist PDA/PCs

Then there is a list:
COMPATIBLE HANDHELDS
PocketPC handhelds:
• Compaq iPaq
• Cassiopeia
• HP Jornada

The one device missing that we know works is the Palm.

The operative word here is "PocketPC" as in the brand
that Microsoft manufacturers. I remember reading that
the Backtalk application didn't talk to PocketPCs (or
it didn't translate, which ever...
I'ld get with the Backtalk folks and make sure...
Ed (Happy October Fest!)
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

http://www.fossil.com/tech/default.asp?Tier1=&ID=tech

> Greg

=====
"Bush, himself the most intellectually backward American president of my political lifetime, is surrounded by advisers whose bellicosity is exceeded only by their political, military and diplomatic illiteracy,"
 - Gerald Kaufman, a lawmaker from the governing British Labor Party