[NTLK] Hemlock

From: Sean Luke (sean_at_cs.gmu.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 22:20:46 EDT

On Saturday, October 5, 2002, at 12:58 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> deranian_at_att.net (deranian_at_att.net) wrote:
>
>> Anyway, I noticed when trying to use Hemlock recently, that a lot of
>> the .scr
>> files do not work any longer. Also, when you try and update the .scr
>> file
>> using the update feature, there's an error saying that the file is no
>> longer
>> available at that location.

News to me, but I had not checked recently. Apple has updated its
Sherlock system to use various web services rather than the previous
.src files. I imagine they will continue to support the older .src
files, but I need to see if they've moved them perhaps. I will look
into it tomorrow.

> Just out of curiousity: does my .scr file (http://www.michael-
> hussmann.de/mjh.src.hqx) work with Hemlock? I've never checked for
> myself. (This isn't one of the more useful Sherlock plug-ins -- it's
> just
> for searching on my own site --, but when Atomz offered Sherlock
> support,
> I just couldn't resist adding it.)

This I cannot verify until later: but there's more than a good chance
it works. :-)

Sean