Re: [NTLK] Looking for a Newton MP 130?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 03:16:59 EDT

on 10/5/02 7:53 AM, Alex at admeddemda_at_f-m.fm wrote:

> Oh and also the storage on the 130 (internal) is barely enough to
> store an email program and internet setup files with your other
> basics. (one card slot for a modem, not a mem card, unless you dont
> want to do net stuff).

On my 130, I stored my NIE files, all my data (soups) and all essential
programs and extensions. Everything else went on a 4 meg card. I never ran
out of internal on this setup. I did set up SimpleMail to only download
headers, from which I would download only what I wanted, but then again, I
get a lot of email. :-)

My issue with the 130 is that it is a lot less "fun." It doesn't do
ethernet, wireless, can't play MadMax tunes, forget text-to-speech or speech
recognition via Dragon, or any of the fun extras like that. If one can
afford a 2100 and wants to play with their Newton, then get a 2100.

On the other hand, if one is positive that he wants only the PDA functions
and email, then the 130 should do ok.

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side.