Re: [NTLK] Newt PGP

From: Camillus Guhl (cam_at_guhl.net)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 07:51:08 EDT

Ed,

AFAIK nobody is working on NewtPGP anymore...the project is quite unfinis=
hed,
so a lot of work would be necessary to get a final release of NewtPGP...

BTW, I just re-uploaded the files (http://newton.guhl.net/newton/NewtPGP/=

), the archives were damaged.

Regards
Cam

http://www.newtonsearch.net/

----
Subject:  [NTLK] Newt PGP
From:     Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date:     2002-10-04 4:16:59

OK, I saw this on the screen savers today...(channel surfing on my day off) and they were talking about PGP... They then went to the download section and proclaimed that PGP was available for every OS imaginable. Of course, I was thinking that there's no way it's available for the Newt... How wrong I was: http://www.pgpi.org/products/pgp/versions/freeware/newton/

I know that this is listed as a work in progress that has been abandoned by the original author, but has anyone played around with this unfinished version? Is it stable enough to play around with?

MfG/Regards Camillus Guhl

-- cam_at_guhl.net (home) cguhl_at_lawyer.com (office)