Re: [NTLK] Connecting a TiBook and Newton with irDA

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 02:20:27 EDT

on 10/4/02 12:53 AM, Michael Sciascia at msciascia_at_poc.it wrote:

> I don't know where i make it wrong but the two don't communicate.
> If i check the "infrared port" panel control it actually says that the
> connection to the Newton is up, but the "NewtonDILTesterPPC" says that
> connection failed and on the other hand the newton can't see the
> Titanium.

Do you have the control panel open when NewtonDILTester is trying to
communicate? If so, that may be your problem, but it's hard to say. What yo=
have done is what I do. However I get my best results by connecting from th=
Newton first, and then choosing connect from NDILT. Have you checked your
settings--IrDA on the Newton and in NDILT? In NDILT, I would make sure that
IrDA is the only option checked.

Have you also tried booting from 9. I don=B9t have X, so don't know if that
could be causing your problem or not...
--=20
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland
<jonglass_at_usa.net>

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of
chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course other=
may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
- Patrick Henry=20