[NTLK] Fixing a heavily used Newton

From: Michael (i36835_at_bestweb.net)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 18:41:20 EDT

I recently got a Newton. Just to start, I have to say it's one of the
nicest PDAs I've ever used (in the past, I've owned Palms and Pocket
PCs, right now I have an iPaq 3835). To think this was around five years
ago, is truly amazing. Now to the problem.

I got my Newton (MP2000u) off of eBay, and I purposely got the cheapest
one available that worked and wasn't in too bad condition, because I
wouldn't know if I'd like it (I'd never really used it in person
before). Anyway, it works fine, except that it's not in too great
condition. I think if I still use it as much as I do now, in a few
months, I'll either get a better one or try to get Apple to remake it
for $180 (do they still do that?). Anyway, in the meantime, what could I
do?

-I have only two scratches on the screen, but they're pretty annoying.
I've heard of using weatherproofer (I think) along with some other stuff
to fix scratches, but I don't really remember.
-The edges are somewhat scuffed. I can't fix that, right?
-It actually has a hairline crack on the bottom left, about an inch and
a half long. I was thinking of using crazy glue or epoxy to fix that.
Would that work, or is there a better solution?

Thanks,
Michael Grey

"A Newton never dies, you just change its batteries..."