Re: [NTLK] initial connection question

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 14:12:14 EDT

On 03/10/02 13:20, "Dede Johnson" <dja_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I have a newly purchased MP2100 and I have a 3Com Cellular Modem PC
> Card (56K). The Newton recognizes that the card is installed, but I do
> not know where to go from here. The FAQ talks about using software to
> connect, (Newton Backup Utility is the most popular method, because
> it's free and available at the Apple FTP site) but I don't know how to
> get it on the Newton.
>
> Can someone lead me to the right path for connecting to the world? or
> at least my TiBook?

If I mention "Newton Internet Enabler", does that ring any bell? If not,
that's what you need to make sure that you have on your Newton. If not, your
modem can only send and receive faxes. With NIE 2.0, you will be able to
create an Internet setup and connect to your Internet Service Provider.

-Laurent.

cretinous /kret'n-*s/ or /kreet'n-*s/ adj.: Wrong; stupid; non-functional;
very poorly designed. Also used pejoratively of people. See dread high-bit
disease for an example. Approximate synonyms: bletcherous, bagbiting,
losing, brain-damaged.