[NTLK] [OT] iCal errors

From: TT Mooney (ttmooney_at_dilettantism.com)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 18:58:27 EDT

just a note, as i know we're all terribly concerned with iCal and the
other Apple PIM software.

after installing the iSync beta, it seemed to be that iCal crashed
every time i opened the application. i was, as they say, less than
pleased, especially since i had started using the program -- not that
it's that great, but it sure is free, and will be the way of the future
on the mac, whether we like it or not. after all, look what happened in
the mp3 market.

so, anyway, i created another account to test the program, and
therefore ruled out the possibility of the data and prefs being bad. i
hunted all the system-wide files down and removed them -- nope, not the
problem. then i thought, well, i still have this .mac trial membership,
why not go out and use isync to put my data up to there, and then i'll
at least be able to get at it. i set up my .mac, sync'ed my data and,
on a hunch, opened iCal. now everything just works.

it is, as they say, a big pain in the ass. i guess that's why they
point out that isync is beta software -- because it'll take down all
your other interoperable applications. good thing i still had that .mac
trial account. too bad apple isn't offering the service for nothing.

anyway, they're dropping from 2.4 million to 180k users. maybe they can
keep up now.

ttm

******
"We must not be critical of how well the pig flies, we must be amazed
it can fly at all." --Mark Rollins, via the newtontalk list