Re: [NTLK] Power consumption comparison

From: Pascal Massün (pascal.massun_at_skynet.be)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 15:26:59 EDT

Thanks Laurent, Peter for the info

I thought I checked the modem (it's a 14.4 !) and saw nothing peculiar.
Especially because I didn't have any battery drain problems until recently.
Problem that get annoying when batterylevel gets low. Because of the high
power rush my Newton thinks that the battery is dead and restarts itself.

But after your mails I rechecked by removing the modem card and checking the
current at power up. And indeed, no rush of power ! A stable current flow.
So, that makes me conclude that as I didn't had that problem before, my
modem is going to modemheaven.

Maybe time to buy an ethernetcard, a low power one that is then ;-)

Thanks for your time !
Best regards,
Pascal.