Re: [NTLK] OT - Serive Manual needed for LW Pro 810

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 13:38:36 EDT

I have found that if you purchase the Apple specific
part, you will be paying 2-3 times the actual value of
the part. Back when I was doing "Mac" stuff, I had
several printers with damaged fuser-roller assemblies.
I called Apple and they quoted me a price of $200 per
assembly...new! OK, expensive, but doable...I then
found that the printer uses the same fuser assembly as
a particular Canon and called a distribution house.
They quoted me a refurb price on the same fuser
assembly, physically and electronically identical,
just has a slightly different shape. $20! $100 if I
didn't send them mine as a core refund!
Here's the bad news...I don't know if this company is
still around. They gave me the equivalent Canon part
number!
the company is PC ServiceSouce. The phone number is
800-pcparts The website is www.pcservice.com but it
seems to be having problems...
This WAS back in 1997, so who knows...If that doesn't
work, I got the information from a trade magazine
called Processor. They are a newspaper kind of rag
that creates business to business connections, I
highly recommend them! www.processor.com.

Ed (Happy October Fest!)
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- tfbiii_at_nbscomputers.net wrote:

> I have a Pro 810 that I love as a workgroup printer,
> I need a service =
> manual (preferably in PDF form) since one of the
> fiber drive wheels for =
> the fuser is chewed up and I need to research the
> part info before =
> trying to get one from Sun. Apple used to have the
> manuals for DL from =
> the ftp site, but that seems to be dead now.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> TIA,
>
> Fred

=====
"Bush, himself the most intellectually backward American president of my political lifetime, is surrounded by advisers whose bellicosity is exceeded only by their political, military and diplomatic illiteracy,"
 - Gerald Kaufman, a lawmaker from the governing British Labor Party