Re: [NTLK] Sync Newton with Mac OS X?

From: TT Mooney (ttmooney_at_dilettantism.com)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 13:13:34 EDT

On Tuesday, October 1, 2002, at 12:22 PM, Ashley Campbell wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 1, 2002, at 02:18 PM, John Anderson wrote:
>
>> How many people would make use of IrDA sync?
>
> I'd rather see ethernet/serial syncing, personally, but I think there
> are a lot of people who would like IrDA.
>
> -awc

i think concentrating on ethernet is probably the best option. for
serial, we have newten, which allows package installation, which will
get you back to ethernet, if you've managed to delete it.

and i would really rather see all the transport done over tcp/ip, but i
don't know if that's realistic. i'd also prefer an isync module.

then again, i'd like my copy of ical to open without crashing, right
now. i don't know why i'm in such a hurry to abandon claris organizer 2.

ttm

******
"I return to the words of Bill Hicks when he said, 'If any artist ever
endorses a product then they have completely destroyed their status as
an artist.' I don't care if they shit Mona Lisas on cue, they've
destroyed their reputations, and advertising for the Government is much
more pernicious." --Will Self