[NTLK] 802.11b Required Packages

From: Russell Martin (abecedarian_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 09:32:48 EDT

Here are all the packages in my extensions:
-802.11b WaveLAN
-ATLAN
-eBase:SCET
-ISP Templates
-Moncaco9:Newton
-Newton Devices
-Newton Internet Enabler
-NewtWorksDraw
-NIE Ethernet Module
-qfetch3:donv
-QFNewtWorks:donv
-Runtime:NSBASIC
-Works Calculations:Appl

They are all on the same store, and the Newton has been rebooted. The
card is a D-Link Air DWL-650. The Newt never even registers that it is
there, even when I click on the "Card" app. I know the card works cause
I've tested it in a laptop. Is my Newt really not recognizing it due to
a missing package? If so, and I'm sorry for so many requests for help
on this but I'm totally stumped, which one might it be? Or, is there
something wrong with my MP2100?

Thanks for putting up with me and my long posts, and thanks for any
help you might be able to offer.

>> I've got the Newton Devices package installed. This was the one that
>> the
>> 802.11b WaveLAN package mentioned by name when it wasn't installed.
>> Which
>> other drivers/packages do I need to install for the Newt to recognize
>> the
>> card? When I insert the card, nothing happens, and if I click on the
>> Card app,
>> it reports that there are no cards inserted (the only card physically
>> inserted
>> is the DWL-650).
>>

> You need almost *all* packages that are part of Newton Internet
> Enabler.
> Then, you obviously need the wireless driver. Make sure they are on
> your
> internal memory. Then, reboot your Newton so that all packages are
> properly
> loaded.
>
> -Laurent.
Russ Martin
abecedarian_at_mac.com
russell_martin_at_yahoo.com

"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is
filled with falsehoods and errors." -Thomas Jefferson