[NTLK] D-Link DWL-650 doesn't work

From: Russell Martin (abecedarian_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 09:20:13 EDT

Does anyone know why my D-Link DWL-650 802.11b card isn't being
recognized by my 2100? I know the card is good, I've tested it with a
notebook computer and it works just fine. When I insert it into the
Newton, nothing. Both PCMCIA slots work with my 2MB memory card, so I
assume that they are ok. I bought this brand/model of card because it
was listed on the 802.11b WaveLAN page
(http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/eng/newtwave.htm) as "worked". Any
ideas/suggestions would be appreciated, cause I'm kinda stumped right
now. If I've purchased the wrong card, please steer me in the direction
of a card that will work. Thanks.

Russ Martin
abecedarian_at_mac.com
russell_martin_at_yahoo.com

"There is something Pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I
deny nothing, but doubt everything."
Lord Byron (1788–1824), English poet. Letter, 4 Dec. 1811 (published in
Byron’s Letters and Journals, vol. 2, ed. by Leslie A. Marchand,
1973–81).