[NTLK] OT: OSX / FreeBSD /*Nix Commands....

From: Jeffrey M. Swiger (N8NOE_at_Comcast.Net)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 03:15:13 EDT

I just typed and sent t his to a few friends, so I figure I'd drop it
here just for fun I Guess,
So here it is for helping OSX....Jeff

        To run any of these you must first open a Terminal on your system.
You'll find the OSX Terminal in the Utilities Folder under
Applications. Then you can copy and paste the commands to run them. You
will be asked for your Password also. I would suggest having a Alias to
your Terminal Application on the Desktop or in your Dock, as to run
these a bit easier....

This line is to Pre-bind files: Executables and Sharred Libraries.
        sudo update_prebinding -root /

Run this Weekly: This re-builds locate database & Rotates Log Files.
        sudo sh /etc/weekly

This one Daily: Remove Scratch & Junk Files, Backup NetInfo Data.
        sudo sh /etc/daily

This one Monthly: Does log-in Accounting Rotates log File wtmp
        sudo sh /etc/monthly

Quick Explanations, I know, But This might get it through to the people
I sent it to .....