Re: [NTLK] programming q. - simple data collection

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 01:39:33 EDT

on 9/30/02 11:46 AM, Joel M. Sciamma at joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com wrote:

>> Has anybody gotten the connection program to work on their Mac? I try to
>> launch the eBase connection utility and get the error: "The Ebase Connection
>> utility cannot continue because the AppleTalk Phase 2 System Software is not
>> installed."
>
> It works fine under 8.6 - I have no idea what your error message means
> though.

I just discovered. I finally realized that I had AppleTalk turned off via
Location Manager. I changed my location, launched the eBase Connection
Utility, and everything worked fine. I just had to turn on AppleTalk. Silly
me...

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

'A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." -- Samuel Adams