Re: [NTLK] My Newt came.. with a surprise

From: Jochen Schäfer (js.josch_at_gmx.de)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 22:28:56 EDT

On Fri, 31 May 2002 22:20:34 -0400, John Goggan wrote:

>Jim Witte wrote:
>> I also found a surprise: the Newt was apparently used last by Astra
>> Merck with a custom app on it for tracking drug testing - with data
>> STILL ON IT! I just cannot believe that they didn't wipe the data off
>
>I meant to post to the list about this before, but never got around to it.
>Those 60+ 32MB Pretec cards that I sold a while back ALL had Astra
>pharmaceutical data on them. I looked at a few, but didn't see anything too
>interesting and finally just stopped looking.
>
>I formatted all of them when I was testing each one before shipping -- so it's
>all gone now. But I just wanted to pass it along for those that might be
>interested.
It is hard to believe that people would control any piece of paper but
don't erase their digital storage.
A friend of mine once bought an used CD writer. When he first used it,
he found a CDROM with confidential data of a hospital on it.
People still are not acquainted to computer security!

Just my two Euro cents.

Jochen