Re: [NTLK] OT- re- QTake200

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 18:43:11 EDT

If I remember correctly, you are correct...the two
were basically interchangeable. A TTL 7400 was equal
to a CMOS 7C400. I made these swaps many times with
little ill effect (as a hobbiest, these things are
allowed)
OT just means that we have real lives!
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Sushi <Sushi_at_ragingbull.com> wrote:

> >On 5/31/02 @ 6:02 AM, Ed Kummel wrote:
> >
> >It stands for Transister to Transister Logic. (as
> >opposed to CMOS which stands for Complementary
> >Metal-Oxide Semiconductor) These two types of Logic
> >circuits are differentiated mainly by their voltage
> >constraints.
>
> Ed (and PCBman), would you help me out here?
>
> All my juice/reference books are in storage
> somewhere in Kansas...
>
> In the early days, wasn't there some other
> considerations such as:
>
> - If power was not an issue, and you needed fast
> circuitry you would use
> TTL circuits.
>
> - Whereas if power was an issue/contraint, you would
> use CMOS and take
> the speed hit.
>
> Just taking about the early days of CMOS here. Not
> later when CMOS
> developed to be faster and more responsive.
>
> Sushi
>
> P.S. Don't ya just love these OT threads?! ;-)

=====
"I believe that viewers who skip television commercials are Thieves who are guilty of Stealing network programming"
 - Jamie Keller CEO/Chairman Turner Broadcasting