Re: [NTLK] Bad Experiences with phillydiscounters on Ebay?

From: James Mackey (mackeyj24_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 16:04:51 EDT

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with them. I'm not trying to rub it
in, but I bought a 2100 from them a couple of months ago. It was in such
MINT condition, it looked like it had never been used. The case had no wear,
the screen had no scratches. I just couldn't believe it. I was so afraid to
use it, I bought a skanky 2100 from somebody else to use as my "daily
driver".

If you read their responses to negative comments, it is quite obvious that
they are like the soup Nazi on Seinfeld. If you said or did something to
make them mad, then no soup for you!

Here are some exerpts from their file:

>Complaint : Item has defects, does work though. Seller unresp to email
>after auction win. Response by phillydiscounters - 10 year old printer has
>cosmetic issues but works perfectly... Go to Best Buy

>bjohnson_at_timebridge.com (-2) Dec-06-01 20:19:54 PST 1301657267 S Complaint
>: Was non responsive - sent 5 emails and they would never respond Response
>by phillydiscounters - We try hard to please our customers, but his rating
>says it all.

>Complaint : Printer had missing parts, not as advertised Response by
>phillydiscounters - printer adv broken, customer amazed printer is broken.
>You got what you paid 4!

>Complaint : Wrong printer shipped, didn't work, NOT damaged in shipping,
>asked for refund !! Response by phillydiscounters - I offered refund,
>Instead I got negative. He wants refund and to keep printer. Follow-up by
>wgjamison - Offered refund AFTER ignoring 20 e-mails & fraud complaint,
>then refund, thanks

JM