Re: [NTLK] I have a problem with my memory card....

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 19:19:14 EDT

Well, there is a really good chance that your card has
finally died. You may attempt to insert the card into
a Windows PC and user the PC card utilities to revive
the card. I remember doing something similar to a Type
1 card years ago with some Phoenix driver sets...A
bunch of DOS utilities...
If this doesn't fix the card (and it probably won't)
then you're SOL...that's just it...these cards just
die and it seems the larger the storage capability of
the card the greater the chance of dying! For some
reason, they seem to be more sensitive to
corruption...
As for draining the batteries on your newt, I believe
that there was a battery app written by someone on the
list that does just this...Note though, the MP2k only
has the main battery pack, there is no backup battery,
just a super-cap that stores energy for an extended
period of time.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- jose_ramirez_at_mac.com wrote:

> Hi to everyone, and thanks for all the answers to my
> questions... almost
> all of them was answered... however i need more
> help...
>
> My MP2000 has come with a 32Mb. PCMCIA Card of flash
> memory, i was
> working with it like three days, then suddenly it
> stops working, when i
> insert the card in the PCMCIA slot of the newton it
> says that there is a
> problem with this card and the newton cant recognize
> it, i need the
> memory because i want to install a lot of programs
> on the newton and 4Mb
> aren't enough, so if anybody has an idea of what is
> happening please let
> me know...
>
> Is there a way to drain the battery of the newton???
>
> Well thanks to all....
>

> Jose R. Ramirez Roman
> You will never stop of learn...

=====