[NTLK] OT - weapons on a flight

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 16:38:57 EDT

> Oh, and this was a RETURN flight, meaning that on the outbound
> leg there was
> apparently no problem with carrying the laser pointer.

Last week I was on a domestic flight from Hamburg to Frankfurt. They
insisted on my not taking my small pocket knive on board. I offered to
leave it with the flight attendant to hide it and give it back when I leave
the plane, but they didn't accept. I had to go back to my car to leave
it there.
Shortly after, at "beef or chicken" time, I was handed a large sharp metal
knife along with a large metal fork. Right next to a genuine
glass. Of course, my small pocket knife would've been much more
dangerous than the combination of a large sharp knife, a large sharp
fork and a nice part of shattered glass...

Frank

Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de