Re: [NTLK] Differences between Original MP2100 and Upgraded 2000

From: Michael Mays (chaosmonk_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon May 27 2002 - 23:13:18 EDT

The Messagepad 2000 has a nice pretty embossed Apple badge above its=
 "Messagepad 2000" title at the bottom. The 2100 has a hokey-looking=
 printed badge on a circular piece that looks like it could be easily pried=
 off. And, of course, it has "Messagepad 2100" printed below that. Maybe=
 they were thinking of selling their molds to someone else to make=
 custom-designed MP2100s with different badging.

An upgraded MP2000 also typically has the little white-and-green "MP2100"=
 sticker by the interconnect port on the top of the unit.

There are no other differences that I know of. There is no functional=
 difference between the two, only cosmetic.

Michael Mays