[NTLK] Dial-up in the UK

From: M.E. Vittes (kpevav_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 27 2002 - 13:18:09 EDT

I will be in northern England (outside of Manchester in Walsden) and
Falkirk, Scotland for two weeks and want to use my Newton at my
mother-in-law's. I would like some advice as to the best way to connect
would be. I have Earthlink.net service for dial-up access (it's something
like 10 cents per minute charge for the UK).

Is there a free service? And, if so, what settings would I need?

If not, does anyone have experience with Earthlink and their correct
settings?

Or, is there another alternative you would suggest?