[NTLK] Nushield

From: Donald Winiecki (dwiniecki_at_boisestate.edu)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 21:16:07 EDT

To Michael's question about the loss of clarity with Nushields, the
advice to wait a few days is approprite. I installed mine for the first
time on Monday, and yesterday (Thursday) they were much, much better.
Today they're better still.

I installed a Nushield on my MP2000 on Monday and on my MP120 today. I
left my MP120 by a window and found that after an hour or so in the
cloud-filtered sun, it was almost as clear as a naked screen. Perhaps
the heat, or UV affected the material in the Nushield such that it
conformed to the screen quickly.

I also have the shiny side out. I like the slick feel a bit more
(strange though, I always liked drawing on vellum more than mylar -- but
I'm dating myself), and I think it's also clearer in that configuration
-- though that can be my perception only. YMMV.

On a related, but different, topic, has anyone else noticed that the
stock MP2000 stylus (the aluminum one) has a more abrasive feel than
does the MP120 collapsing stylus, charging stand stylus or eMate stylus?
 What's up with that?

_don

Don Winiecki, Ed.D., Associate Professor
Boise State University, College of Engineering
Department of Instructional & Performance Technology
E-mail: dwiniecki_at_boisestate.edu
WWW: http://coen.boisestate.edu/dep/ipt.htm
Telephone: (01) 208 426 1899