Re: [NTLK] Re - Internet Setup

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 00:07:27 EDT

on 23/05/02 18:54, Frank Gruendel at Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de wrote:

>>> every time I try to launch the Internet Setup
>>> , it either tells me there is an error (-48809) or that, confusingly,
> that IEP
>>> is not installed.
>
>> Are all packages installed on the internal store? Do you have something
>> called 'Internet Setup'? If so, did you make sure that you did specify in
>> which slot was your modem?
>
> The 130 only has one slot, that can't be the problem.

Good catch, Frank!

-Laurent.

Borg n.: In "Star Trek: The Next Generation" the Borg is a species of cyborg that ruthlessly seeks to incorporate all sentient life into itself; their slogan is "You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile." In hacker parlance, the Borg is usually Microsoft, which is thought to be trying just as ruthlessly to assimilate all computers and the entire Internet to itself (there is a widely circulated image of Bill Gates as a Borg). Being forced to use Windows or NT is often referred to as being "Borged". Interestingly, the Halloween Documents reveal that this jargon is live within Microsoft itself. (Other companies, notably Intel and UUNet, have also occasionally been equated to the Borg.) See also Evil Empire, Internet Exploiter.