Re: [NTLK] NewtWorks HWR

From: victor_at_newtontalk.net
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 09:05:58 EDT

Well, Works was never supposed to use the HWR: it was designed completely
around the keyboard. From what I've seen, there's nothing that changes
the Works HWR behaviour beyond turning it on :P

As Laurent said, you can always work in Notes and the Import to Works. See
WorksBetter:
http://newyork.unna.org/unna/applications/NewtonWorks/worksbetter128/

or Twerx:
http://www.newts.com/newton/twerx.html

--
Victor Rehorst - chuma_at_chuma.org - victor_at_newtontalk.net
Newtontalk list dad

Original Message: ----------------- From: Tony Kan tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 22:59:54 +1200 To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net Subject: [NTLK] NewtWorks HWR

Just started using NewtWorks for a serious document (a business plan) but found that the HWR behaves differently from how it behaves in Notes. Holding down the stylus on a word seems to select the whole thing, double tapping a word doesn't seem to provide the "try letters" choice... is this supposed to be?

If it is using a different HWR system than that used by Notes how can I choose to use the Notes version of HWR (apart from using Notes of course ;)) There is another wee idiosyncrasy as well. When I write the letter "a" in lower case, it seems to eat the carriage return and put a at the beginning of the next line. It's a little frustrating actually.

-------------------------------------------------------------------- mail2web - Check your email from the web at http://mail2web.com/ .