Re: [NTLK] Problems using Compuserve as ISP

From: andrew_at_misf67.cern.ch
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 06:21:42 EDT

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Joel M. Sciamma wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> My emails to your CERN addresses get bounced back as it seems that messages
> from compuserve.com are banned (?).

True, they have banned hundreds of domains and it is getting more and
more difficult to communicate. (Do you still have the bounced messages? if
so could you send them to andrew.maier_at_gmx.net? Thx)

> So here is the reply:
>
> > I tried your configuration here with my local (french) number, but I still
> > failed. Could you tell me your local London number and I will try to
> > connect and see if I still fail.
>
> The number is:
>
> 0845 0801000
>
> When and how does your connection fail?

Well it is not SimpleMail that fails, it is the fact that it cannot look
up the IP addresses of any host I have tried. E.g. it cannot resolve
pop.gmx.net or any other host I specify. If I use 213.165.64.20, I can
read my mail fine. So I gather that somehow the DNS servers are screwed up
for me.

Andrew

--
Andrew Maier