Re: [NTLK] the Great White Newt

From: charles mangin (newton_at_option8.com)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 19:40:49 EDT

wow. it seems you like it. you really like it (sorry sally)

to answer a few questions:

no, i will not make another one for you. i might make another for
myself or remake my first one, but you'll have to modify your own.

yes, i did have to take apart my newton almost completely to paint
it. i considered doing the painting by masking off the screen and
ports, etc, to make the whole experience more seamless. but then,
i'll eventually have to take it apart again at some point to upgrade
it to a 2100 or put in a white backlight - which i've considered (to
answer another question). also, there's a lot of stuff to mask off,
including the PC card slots, microphone and speaker grille... it got
complicated.

i'll post more pictures to my website when i make more changes.

--

charles mangin | globetrotting Newton user newton_at_option8.com | http://www.newtontraveler.com