Re: [NTLK] [OT] New Vanilla Coca-Cola

From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 09:18:19 EDT

We were having a discussion on how brand or product names become the
names of an entire product line, like 'walkman' (Sony product name for a
portable cassette tape player), or 'kleenex' (USA/UK) or 'Tempo'
(Germany) for a paper tissue, or 'Coke' for anything like coke,
sometimes even other soda.

Would be cool, if the Newton would have managed to be the synonym for
PDAs ...

Regards,
Chris

On Tuesday, May 21, 2002, at 06:49 , richard_at_cyberphotographer.com wrote:

>> We charge via [OT] posts!...one [OT] topic morphs into another great
>> topic...Some [OT] threads have been very useful to members on this
>> list, while others have tended to drag on a bit. All part of
>> belonging to this wonderful green community. You'll get used to
>> it...and may even start to like the [OT] threads. So kick back and
>> enjoy.
>
> If people on the list like a broader discussion that is cool, and I
> don't want to spoil anyone's party. But this is why I quietly left
> the list a few years ago. I recently rejoined and it has been going
> great until this coke thread. I am curious to see how the coke thread
> is going to 'morph' into something interesting and Newton-related but
> I am sure someone more imaginative than me can do it...there's the
> gauntlet. Over to you. ;-)
>
> --

Chris Ruprecht
1505 Fort Clark Boulevard #1-205 * Gainesville, FL 32606
E-mail: chrup_at_earthlink.net