Re: [NTLK] Apple Newton Modem and MP120

From: Ben Smith (QM Systems) (ben.smith_at_qm-systems.com)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 03:57:07 EDT

Gleb,
Have you got the correct cable?? the US modems are wired differently
to the UK ones, try looking at the following sites:

http://home.worldonline.dk/~andersa/technotravel/usinuk.htm

and

http://www.gbnet.net/net/uk-telecom/p3-1.html#6

The usual symptom of a wrong cable is no dialtone, the usual US to UK
wiring is 3&4 on the RJ11 plug to 2&5 on the BT plug.
I hope this may be of some help.
Ben.