Re: [NTLK] Can I keep my cards inserted all the time?

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Sun May 19 2002 - 10:56:16 EDT

On Sunday 19 May 2002 16:17, Luiz Petroni wrote:
> I have a Pretec32MB and a 3Com589D cards inserted on my newton.
> Can I keep them inserted ALL the time - I mean 24/7, newton on or off?

I have the same setup. I used to keep both cards in my Newt, and I never
saw a difference in power consumption (but, in fairness, I use the
backlight quite often, so the overhead of an ethernet card would not have
made much of a difference anyway).

Since I use the ethernet card hardly for anything but printing (in linux),
I decided to switch it for the dummy until needed. Like I said, power
consumption is pretty much the same.

The memory card is in my Newt all the time (and, as almost all my data
reside on it, it would be pretty pointless to take it out anyway).

--
Karel Jansens
kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be

"Size matters not." (Yoda, Jedi Master)