Re: [NTLK] [WAY OT] - Poutine

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 23:57:08 EDT

on 17/05/02 17:32, Redghost at redghost_at_attbi.com wrote:

> Had the intense pleasure of visiting our neighbor to the north, and of all
> things.. hit the Golden Archs. Would you believe it?... Poutine!.. on the
> menu?!?
>
> I had to have me some of that goodness. My 2 year old and I gobbled it
> down! I found it to be most interesting. The Gravy was sort of off, but I
> attribute that to Mikky D's. The kid found it to be much better going down
> than up. Always the Critic!
>

> Not bad for $2.40 Cdn. That is like two-bits USD!
>
> Will have to convince the local eateries to provide this NAFTA friendly menu
> item.

Imagine if you would have got the real thing! the Golden Archs' poutine has
almost nothing to do, except maybe for the appearance, with the real thing.
I could take you to some places where they're making the cheddar cheese
in-house, with homemade fries. You would see what a real poutine tastes!

-Laurent.

case and paste n.: [from `cut and paste'] 1. The addition of a new feature to an existing system by selecting the code from an existing feature and pasting it in with minor changes. Common in telephony circles because most operations in a telephone switch are selected using case statements. Leads to software bloat.