Re: [NTLK] Thinking of Switching

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 16:32:53 EDT

------------------
>Currently I have a several Newtons ranging from the OMP to the MP 2100 =
and eMate; a Vadem Clio;

The Clio was the only replacement for a Newt. IMHO.
----------------
>What it boils down to in the end is that Newton just kicks ass. It has =
the greatest interface and is so easy to use, not to
>mention the screen real estate. Even my Vadem Clio enabled with =
Calligrapher
>and other hoots and hollers can=EDt compete. What handheld out there today
>will still let you use double AA batteries for days on end? What other
>handheld will store your info even after the batteries conk?

Yup, the 'loss of data' on the Clio was the final straw to be =
'Newt.-centric'. Haven't looked back, but I have looked over my shoulder. =
 ;-)
----------------
>So here=EDs what I did. I took out any and all nonessential information =
and
>program I NEVER use off the internal store and transferred any Name, Note,
>etc. etc. to the internal store and then did a full backup to three cards.

Same here, but I installed seldom used stuff on another Newt., and =
another, and another. :-o
----------------
>So with a few changes and some modifications in the way I use the MP =
2100, the Newt will yet prevail in my life as No. 1.

>In short, have you guys lost me? No. I=EDm staying.
>
>Ermin

It still amazes me how my sister, who can't turn on the iMac or start =
Netscape on her laptop, can use a Newt. and/or eMate with minimal if any =
help. Even maintain paperwork on her eMate, so well-designed. :-)
Enjoy the ride!

!ooW %-)
Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group!