Re: [NTLK] Thinking of Switching

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 09:01:33 EDT

Gerard:

FYI, the June 2002 MacAddict has some interesting information concerning
Palm and Pocket PC devices. It might be worth a read.

ALL:

I sense some are thinking that I was dissing (sp?) the Pocket PC platform
with my comments. That was not my intent.

All platforms have advantages and disadvantages.

My point with the OQO device, is that from what I've observed is that
most folks travel with a Palm, Pocket PC, Newt or other device in
addition to their laptops.

Why? Simply because the gadgets, for a lack of a better term, don't do
everything they need.

No don't get me wrong. To quote MacAddict, what folks have and are doing
with our beloved Newts is nothing short of Freakin' Awesome.

However, in the future IMHO we will see devices similar to the OQO device
overtake the Pocket PC (WinCE) type devices.

There are many reasons for this. I won't bore the list.

The reason that I mentioned this to Gerard, is that if he likes the Newt,
and it does what he needs it to do, then why worry about changing now?!
In a couple of years, there will be more options to choose from and
probably cheaper as well.

...my .02

Sushi