Re: [NTLK] error syncing dates w/NCU

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 02:07:52 EDT

on 14/05/02 00:30, Ross Cottrell at heybulldog_at_mac.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Using NCU I am getting this error when trying to sync Dates with my
> MP2100 and the Organizer 2.0 file on my Powerbook via the serial port:
>
> "The operation was not completed because the following error has
> occurred: Error reading data file. Check file integrity."
>
> The Organizer 2.0 data file opens w/o error using Palm Desktop 2.6.3
> on the Mac, and I have successfully loaded all of my Names and To Dos
> onto the Newton, just no Dates. So I don't thing that there is
> anything wrong with the file's integrity. I am not even trying to
> sync the entire range of dates, only the last 5 months, so it isn't a
> large amount of data.
>
> I've trashed/reinstalled NCU. I also tried exporting the file and
> importing it as comma delimited. No go. I haven't had much luck
> searching for troubleshooting tips on the Newton faq site.

I'm not sure that it's gonna work, but I would try to duplicate the data
file and try with that one.

-Laurent.

C++ /C'-pluhs-pluhs/ n.: Designed by Bjarne Stroustrup of AT&T Bell Labs as a successor to C. Now one of the languages of choice, although many hackers still grumble that it is the successor to either Algol 68 or Ada (depending on generation), and a prime example of second-system effect. Almost anything that can be done in any language can be done in C++, but it requires a language lawyer to know what is and what is not legal-- the design is almost too large to hold in even hackers' heads. Much of the cruft results from C++'s attempt to be backward compatible with C. Stroustrup himself has said in his retrospective book "The Design and Evolution of C++" (p. 207), "Within C++, there is a much smaller and cleaner language struggling to get out." [Many hackers would now add "Yes, and it's called Java" --ESR]