Re: [NTLK] Help with LookOut 1.1

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 10:49:04 EDT

---- Original Message ----
From: <AOMel101_at_aol.com>
To: <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 7:38 PM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Help with LookOut 1.1

> I tried the Hack, and was unable to get it to work. I reset the date 22
> days, install the LookOutB package, and then no window comes up for
> registration. I sync it, and it works fine. Then when I reset it to the
> correct date, it does not work. I see the registration screen. Any ideas?
>
> Sincerely,
> Mel

Well, for starters, don't do a sync while the clock is turned back. You
might need to use Standalone's prefs scrubber to remove any LookOut-related
settings, erase LookOut, and start all over again.

Just an FYI, this hack *does* work - it worked very well for me. In my
case, I just didn't like LookOut.. way too slow... :P

--
David Orriss Jr.
dave_at_davenet.net

Please email me if you want my ICQ/AIM/IM ID's.