Re: [NTLK] Appletalk for the Pc

From: victor_at_newtontalk.net
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 13:49:57 EDT

The problem isn't that there's no AppleTalk support for Windows - as you
pointed out, it exists. The problem is that there's no connection software
for Windows that is aware of and makes use of the AppleTalk protocol.

If you want Ethernet connectivity between your PC and Newton, look into Thomas
Tempelmann's Newton Data Browser:

http://www.tempel.org/newton/#DILplugin

--
Victor Rehorst - victor_at_newtontalk.net
Newtontalk "List Dad" and self-proclaimed busy guy

Original Message: ----------------- From: Steve Kramer skramer_at_mac.com Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 12:32:54 -0500 To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net, nwoumcg_at_yahoogroups.com Subject: [NTLK] Appletalk for the Pc

I have converted to a Pc in my office environment - since its 99% pc.

In any case, I know can feel the disdain that other Pc people have felt for years with slow connection times to the Newt.

Conversely, using appletalk on my Lombard with the ethernet connection is nice and fast . Has anyone been able to create the appletalk protocol on a pc. This would be terrific

My pc has windows 2000 professional which does provide the appletalk protocol for our Lexmark printer - might be a starting point.

-------------------------------------------------------------------- mail2web - Check your email from the web at http://mail2web.com/ .