[NTLK] Re - MP110 cells in MP2k

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 18:04:56 EDT

>I have a never used apple rechargeable battery pack for the MP110 (code
>number: H0088 NiCd - 4 AA). I don't have the recommended charging station
>(model H0087).
>
>I now use a MP2100, so...
>
>Can I use this pack in the MP2100?

No. The cells are NiCad whereas those in the 2100's pack are NiMH

> If this is possible, can I use the 9W power adaptor (model H0165) that
came
> with my MP2100 to charge these batteries?

You can use all Newton ac adaptors to charge battery packs of all Newton
models. Using the 7 watt adapter with a 2x00 Newton or an eMate would
require a longer charging time, but it would still work.
Due to the reasons outlined above, though, I wouldn't attempt charging
the 110's cells in your MP2k.

Frank

Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de