[NTLK] NIE, Linux & Serial

From: AOMel101_at_aol.com
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 12:01:37 EDT

Hey all, I am trying to get my newton to connect to my linux box to use the
internet. The linux box is on an intranet, that has a different dns server
(the linux box is just a workstation on the server). I included in my
ppp.start file ms-dns xxx.xx.xx.xx of the dns server but it still didn't
work. The newton connects to the linux box and sends stuff back and forth but
the newtscape and find the DNS server. In the NIE Internet Setup I put the IP
of the DNS server, and I also tried the IP of the linux box. I use the
gateway as my linux box.... Any ideas?

I am using redhat 7.2 and mp2000.

Sincerely,
Mel