[NTLK] ethernet, basilisk, ndps

From: scOtty teCHnoir (ticknor_at_punkass.com)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 17:06:20 EDT

Ok a couple o questions here:

I picked up a 3com card yesterday, works just dandy with the Newt and I
am online and happy.
I want to be able to do backups with NCU via Ethernet. As per the
archives, this is not possible with windoze NCU.
So I have basilisk running OS8.1. I tried to download Mac NCU from unna,
but I am getting 'corrupt' disk images. I finally found an old version
of shrinkwrap and managed to get disks 2 and 3 into the proper format,
but disk 1 will not download properly in iCab. If I click on it
directly, it opens into a page with just garbled text. If I right-click
and select link>download it downloads but the file is unusable by
shrinkwrap [corrupt file, error -39 or something] am I missing an
important element here?

Also, I installed NDPS. Very cool, it worked right away. However, only
people on my college network can connect to my [private] IP. Is there a
way to 'mirror' my IP to a more public location?

Thanks for reading