Re: [NTLK] installing without serial?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 16:39:35 EDT

on 05-05-2002 4:59, pete_schindler at pete_schindler_at_rogers.com wrote:

> What ways are there to install packages without a serial cable, starting from
> a bank newton 2100 (ie no NIE, etc)?

I think I missed the internet in the options suggested, you could download
stuff. BTW, in case you have an Ethernet card (I know that I've said this a
zillion times on this list but it keeps coming back up) you can beam the NIE
2.0 packages that you need for an Ethernet connection, (NIE Ethernet
Support.pkg and Newton Devices.pkg which aren't copy protected !)
after which you can get the other packages through the Ethernet connection.

Robert Benschop

P.S.
is this in the FAQ ? If it isn't it should be (please ;-)