Re: [NTLK] OS X TextEdit RTF to MSWD fix?

From: mark (markds_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 08:34:03 EDT

Scott Rogers writes:

> Hi all.
>
> In all of this talk about sync apps, does anyone know if
> there's an easy way to change the type/creator codes of
> TextEdit RTFs in OS 10 to the NCU-recognizable MSWD? Right now
> I'm using maclink plus deluxe to do this, but it'd be nice to
> have a way to do this without having to boot classic. I'm just
> trying to find an easy way to move files back and forth from
> NewtonWorks.

Laurent pointed you to XRay which is a great tool for this type of
job. However, if you want to do a batch change on a lot of files
at once, you could try xFiles:

http://homepage.mac.com/brianhill/xfiles.html

There are other tools for this type of job in OS X some of which
are free (e.g. BatChmod, I think its free anyway). Try a search on
Versiontracker for OS X with appropriate keywords if you don't
want to pay the 10 dollars or so for either of the above. They are
well worth it - I've got both and wouldn't part with either.

mark.