[NTLK] GEM Europe

From: Backstage (webmaster_at_backstage.de)
Date: Sat May 04 2002 - 05:41:29 EDT

Hallo Everyone,

I have been looking at the GEM offers. They seem nice, but if you look at
the shipping it can be pretty high in the end (example: for the item 20$,
shipping 9$ and for Europe additional actual shipping).

I am trying to organize an bulk order for Germany, but I think I could
reship to most Europe. I am trying to get shipping free from the US, and
there would be an additional 1% or so for the money transfer (if anyone got
a better idea how to transfer the money please contact me).

Normally we would have to pay here 16% Einfuhrumsatzsteuer (ha, you get
something for nice thirty bucks on ebay, but with shipping and shipping
again and tax you easily arrive at two times or more the original amount!).
I assume, following comments on the list, that it would be possible to get
around this because the parts are used and quite old.

I am not affiliated with GEM so I can not guarantee anything. But following
this list they got mostly positive feedback so I think it is worth to go for
it.

Please contact me DIRECTLY - NOT ON THE LIST - as soon as possible if you
are interested in anything or have any questions or suggestions.

Chris (not Chris B. from GEM)

P.S.: The Newtons come without the blanks and I am not sure if the AC
adapter comes with plugs for Europe.

________

GEM Price List for Newton Talk List, May 2002:

We are selling Apple Newton 2100 upgrades for $99.00 - for that price you
get the Newton, a rechargeable battery (can't guarantee its life), an
aftermarket stylus, and an AC adapter. We also have a few Apple Newton 2100
(originals - not upgrades) that are $109.00 and also include the AC adapter,
battery and aftermarket stylus for that price. Shipping for one Newton is
$11 inside the continental US. We are happy to give discounts for combined
shipping of two more Newtons, and we give discounts for bulk purchases!
Organize your friends and family and buy a whole load of Newtons at once to
save big!

We also have many Apple Newton accessories available! These include:

Newton Keyboard- $45
www.gementerprises.com/images/cb12505.jpg

Newton Keyboard Case- $15
www.Gementerprises.com/images/cb12504.jpg

Newton to PC Serial Cable - $12
www.Gementerprises.com/images/newton2pc

Newton to Mac Serial Cable - $12
www.Gementerprises.com/images/newton2mac

Newton to PC Serial Cable with Serial adapter attached-$35
www.Gementerprises.com/images/newton2pcadapt.jpg

Newton to PC/MAC Connectivity Kit-Includes Serial cable of your choice,
software for connectivity, and connectivity manual on CD-$25
www.Gementerprises.com/images/serialsanddisk.jpg

Newton Leather Portfolio Case - $50
www.Gementerprises.com/images/portfoliocase.jpg

Newton Leather Flip-Top Case-$20
www.Gementerprises.com/images/fliptopcase.jpg

32MB Pretec Memory Cards - $40
www.Gementerprises.com/images/flash1.jpg

33.6 Modem w/ X-Jack - $30
www.Gementerprises.com/images/modem.jpg

Protect your Flash Card and/or Modem with a hard plastic case-$5.99 (2 for
$10)
www.Gementerprises.com/images/cardcase.jpg

Newton Serial Adapter - $20
www.Gementerprises.com/images/serialadapter.jpg

Original Plastic Blanks for PCMCIA Slots - $5.99 (2 for $10)
www.Gementerprises.com/images/newtonblank.jpg

CD FULL of Great Newton Software & Information- $15 (Sells online for
$25-$35)
www.Gementerprises.com/images/newtondisk.jpg