Re: [NTLK] GEM Enterprises Newton Price List

From: Michael Mays (chaosmonk_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 15:58:12 EDT

I ordered a UMP2000 from Gem. Got it 8 days ago. Overall I was satisfied=
 with how they handled it and it was very well shipped.

There were a few problems as far as the unit not being in the specified=
 condition; e.g. the screen had marks and a couple scratches and a puncture=
 or two. It was also missing one of the lid brackets from the back,=
 despite being promised to have all the "flaps, covers, and latches it=
 should". Aside from that it works great. However, as I was a bit=
 disappointed with the condition, I e-mailed Gem at 10 in the evening. The=
 next morning, bright and early, got a very nice e-mail back stating what=
 they would do to make me happy (swap the unit out, give me some credit=
 towards other newton items if I wanted to keep it). They have been very=
 good to deal with so far, always responding to me within a day of my=
 e-mails to them. And they've put aside one of their brand new MP2100s for=
 me to exchange this one for at my request. :)

Despite the problems I had, I'd say they cleared things up and handled=
 everything VERY nicely. I am extremely satisfied. Try and talk to Robin=
 or Gary Meyer at Gem if you contact them; those two have been quite=
 excellent to me, and all I did was conduct a routine purchase through=
 them, nothing fancy.

Michael Mays