Re: [NTLK] Re - Newton battery questions

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 20:40:15 EDT

on 01/05/02 19:42, Micheal Kelly at michealk_at_tgw.dhs.org wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 1, 2002, at 05:53 PM, Frank Gruendel wrote:
>
>> So if my assumption above is correct and we *are* talking of a
>> discharged
>> pack you are charging, it is definitely not normal if it only takes a
>> couple
>> of minutes.
>
> Ye canna change the laws o' physics, Captain! :)
>
> Frank's right. It should take about 1 to 1.25 hours to fully charge a
> discharged 2x00 battery pack.

I've been using 3 battery packs and that's pretty much what my experience
shows me: roughly 1 hour - 1 hour 1/4.

-Laurent.

dinosaur n.: 1. Any hardware requiring raised flooring and special power. Used especially of old minis and mainframes, in contrast with newer microprocessor-based machines. In a famous quote from the 1988 Unix EXPO, Bill Joy compared the liquid-cooled mainframe in the massive IBM display with a grazing dinosaur "with a truck outside pumping its bodily fluids through it". IBM was not amused. Compare big iron; see also mainframe. 2. [IBM] A very conservative user; a zipperhead.