Re: [NTLK] eMac, eMate, are we getting somewhere?

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 05:13:55 EDT

>In fact, I'd find it hard to recommend myself. I mean, regardless of how
>cool/awesome/whatever someone might think some current Mac is, I'm not
sure
>I'd recommend a large body of students grow up using them at school.
It just
>isn't likely to be what they will be using later...
>
> - John...

Weeell, not really. Look at the DOS -> Windows386 -> Win98 -> WinNT
progression, and compare it to what Apple offered as an OS at the time.
Students using the more advanced Mac OS in school were and are MORE
PREPARED to use whatever MicroSloth copies from Apples OS when they get
to the business world! Do you think in 3-4 years there won't be
WindowsUX (maybe I should copyright the name? altho as I see how it can
be pronounced maybe not!) a verion of Windows that runs UNIX?

Also don't forget - as hard as Macs can be to setup and configure, it's
NOTHING (trust me, as someone in a mixed Mac/PC environment) compared to
the DLL/virus/peripheral conflicts in Windows land. Schools just can't
support the MIS staff needed to effectively keep a PC network running as
efficiently as a Mac network. Students need working computers. period.

Mark Rollins
mark_at_mrollins.com
www.mrollins.com