Re: [NTLK] Re[2]: Power Back (was: Re: Newton-.

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 03:04:25 EDT

on 30/04/02 18:23, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_mac.com wrote:

> on 30-04-2002 4:27, Laurent Daudelin at laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com
> wrote:
>
>> Did anybody remember the URL for the automatic Backdrop creation? Since it
>> was probably not made of executables, just a few scripts (that were really
>> well done), maybe it's been archived in the web archive? Anybody remember
>> that URL? Power...something?
>
> Could that have been powerpen.com ?

I think that was it, but I only find a site selling some kind of "power" pen
in the archive. I guess it's loss. But the idea was really good: you would
get to a page with a bunch of options and you would just select which
options you want, click a button and zip! A few minutes later, you would
receive your own backdrop application!

-Laurent.

code monkey n.: 1. A person only capable of grinding out code, but unable to perform the higher-primate tasks of software architecture, analysis, and design. Mildly insulting. Often applied to the most junior people on a programming team. 2. Anyone who writes code for a living; a programmer. 3. A self-deprecating way of denying responsibility for a management decision, or of complaining about having to live with such decisions. As in "Don't ask me why we need to write a compiler in COBOL, I'm just a code monkey."