Re: [NTLK] Battery Monitoring apps - BattTrax?

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 15:25:06 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Witte <jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us>
To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Saturday, March 30, 2002 2:18 PM
Subject: [NTLK] Battery Monitoring apps - BattTrax?

> I seem to remember a package for keeping track of on-time and battery
>consumption called BattTrax. Does anyone know where I can find this
>(looked on UNNA), or is my mind playing tricks on me?
>
>Jim

There is also a commercial one that does even more. It is called sleep aid
by ICS (Dan Rowley) I think you can still order it from their site. Came
with Newts Case, wonderful set of apps. Anyway sleep aid allows you to set
when to turn off the backlight and when to go to sleep and different
settings for when the newt is plugged into the AC adapter (so you could have
it not go to sleep if plugged into the adapter or the same times as if on
battery power up to you). It also keeps track of time on battery (counter
stops if you are on AC), allows calibration to the battery pack so the
estimate for reaming battery power is accurate.

It has a tiny squire that is always on screen that if taped will bring up a
menu to see battery info, turn on backlight, restart newton or go to sleep.
Very small in size so easy to keep internal on a 120 or 130. Sweet little
app, I keep it on both my 120 and 130 ;)

-Dan