Re: [NTLK] Dongle-less file transfers

From: Daniel Padilla (daniel.padilla_at_wanadoo.es)
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 13:22:58 EST

> Here is a question. Does the Apple dongle have the pins and wires inside to
> add in a sound-out jack. I was looking at Daniel Padilla's hack on the jpg
> on his site, and started wondering if something like this would be possible
> to add to the Apple dongle (a dongle off a dongle, so to speak)? Anybody
> know?
> --

    I haven't opened the dongle completely, but I suppose that the audio pins
must be there. Here are some photos of the dongle, i didn't got further because
my soldering iron doesn't have enough watts to deal with that shielding:
(warning: ~220 KB each)

http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/images/misc/dongle_1.jpg

http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/images/misc/dongle_2.jpg

http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/images/misc/dongle_3.jpg

http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/images/misc/dongle_4.jpg

    Probably you can add an earphone jack after taking appart those metal pieces
and make another case for the dongle later.

    Hope I saved you the cut-the-dongle process. ;-)

    Daniel Padilla