Re: [NTLK] Can't connect Newton 2000 to PowerBook 5300

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 03:15:46 EST

on 3/29/02 8:28 AM, bettyy_at_earthlink.net at bettyy_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> From your description, I think you need to turn Appletalk off because
> you're using a serial cable. And, I assume that you have your Newton set
> to Connect by Serial.

Actually, you can use a printer cable to route AppleTalk no problem. The
question is which is he trying to do? Also, NCU will automatically turn off
serial if the port is busy, and keep AppleTalk active, and use it. On the
Newton, however, he will have to choose which ever he is using, either
serial or AppleTalk. The Newton doesn't automatically pick and choose or
decide...

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry