Re: [NTLK] Jaggies/contact cleaning take two

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 18:42:46 EST

Am 28.3.2002 22:44 Uhr schrieb "Jeremy Bond Shepherd" unter
<jbond_at_eskimo.com>:
> I tried it a few days ago, and the Jaggies seemed to dissapear for a few
> days, but now they're back, and maybe even worse than before. It's so hard
> to make objective observations of Jaggies frequencies...
This means that you did something which influenced the Jaggies and
attenuated them by e.g. Movement of some parts against each other but the
real source is probably at another location. Anyway, here are some question
to make shure that I understood everything:

1. Did you clean the 4 contacts of the translucent flexible ribbon cable
from the display?
2. Have you also cleaned the gold contacts on the mobo? Today I found that
some grease was used, probably by Apple to protect the surfaces.
3. I would suggest to use a very fine glass fiber brush to clean the contact
pads, especially those of the ribbon cable.
4. If you did all that I might be that there's really something big stuck
between display and case. Did you remove the display and clean both sides,
the display and the case too? This might be worth doing.
5. Cleaning with alcohol is definitely good but it will remove only grease
and not the oxide.
6. Check for the small soft foam which is supposed to press the ribbon to
the mobo. Maybe this beast got weak, needs replacement or is dirty?

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand

http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG